Tuesday, May 30, 2006

WP Serangoon pledge recitation

I still haven't figured out the legalities of it, but what the heck, there are about a thousand Singaporeans who are going down with me.

This is my recording of the pledge recitation that took place during the Worker's Party rally at Serangoon Stadium on May 5, 2006. Sylvia Lim led, then Low led the Chinese portion which I didn't record. I took awhile to put this up because I didn't know how to edit a video.

Incidentally the reason why the video was so shakey at the beginning was because I was using my right hand to hold it up. Since we've been taught since primary school that we need to say the pledge with hand over heart, my hand took on a life of its own and kept wanting to come down.

(I wonder if there's any truth to the rumour that they started the hand over heart thing so as to catch Jehovah's Witnesses?)

1 Comments:

At 3:38 pm, Anonymous Salt Lake City Upholstery said...

This is a greaat blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home